Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rainy Sunday's and the Making of an Idea

Hey there and Happy New Year! I'm so excited that it is a new year. I can't help it. I really love a fresh start a "do over" a "oh crap, I screwed that up let's start again," kinda thing. So... here's to a new year!

It rained most of today and I'm one of those weird people that thinks a rainy Sunday is truly divine. I guess because I love to sew and create and I don't feel guilty about not being
"outside." Hot tea, bunnies and loads of fabrics are my idea of a perfect day. Not to mention a little "boogie music" to get things started.

Well... I have had this idea floating around in my head for some time and finally decided, since it was raining, that I would go ahead and get it going on the "Making of an Idea." Here's a little preview. Of course bunnies are involved. Duh! Did you think there would be something else? Geez. Hee,hee,hee.

It's so fun to gather all my goodies and just ponder the possibilities. I'm creating a fabric book for myself. I just adore books. Many of you know that I hate TV, which is good because David loves TV. We never ever fight over the remote. Give me a book and a squishy, fluffy, place to sit and I'm one happy camper. But I digress. Back to the book. This is called, "the bunny book." Again, duh if you thought it would be something else.

This new year I decided to post to my blog twice a week. I'll post on Sunday for "Show and Tell Sunday." (kinda like Monday for gals at Make Mine Pink) and also on Wednesday. I decided to call Wednesday, "What's up Wednesday?" I'll post decorating or artsy stuff I'm working on. Basically "what's up." So check in when you get a chance or feel so inclined.

Anyhoo, David has had off for two solid weeks for the Holiday's. Since I did not have such a luxury, I thought it was the least he could do to paint the guest bathroom in between his naps, computer games, and TV watching. David is a fabulous painter (even though he hates it) Well...I just love how it turned out!!!! It's called Fishnet and it's a green color that is soft and serene and well.... green. I also had him paint the guest bedroom this color, but I'll show you those photo's later after I make a dust ruffle for the bed, pillows for the bed and a cushion for the window seat. Ok, here's the pictures.

Of course I have pictures of the bunnies above the toilet. My sister has pictures of her kids in the bathtub. I have pictures of my kids taking a poop in their litter box. It is the bathroom after all. The elegant picture frame just makes it a little less "trashy." But all in all, it's still bunnies pooping.



I got those scrolly things at a junk shop. Aren't they cool? I just love that scrolly stuff.

Have a great week and check back with me on Wednesday if you have time and I'll give you a "what's up."

bunny kisses,
Shell

This week IGF David and his paint brush.

19 comments:

Karin said...

Sometimes some of the best ideas come from a random assortment of stuff on the desk......Love all the goodies on yours!

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Shell,

Love all the "stuff" on your table just waiting to made into something wonderful. I can't wait to see what you have planned. The bathroom looks great. I love that shade of green. My bedroom when I lived with my parents was a similar color. . so serene.
Have a great week!
hugs,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle
Love your bathrom. It is so elegant even with pooping bunny pictures.

can' wait to see your finish book. Just think, you are on you way as an author.
Marie

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of the bunnies above the toilet...maybe I should create a similar one with my tribe...but somehow the bunnies look cuter...hush...don't tell my kitties!
Susan *dutchrose*

Anonymous said...

Buns pooping is perfect!

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Shell,

Happy New Year! I always enjoy coming to your blog and reading what you are up to! I love your bathroom choice of colour. The green, like you said is so serene and makes you feel relaxed and calm. Great choice. I also love how clean, neat and nice it is.
It's so beautiful!

Pei Li

gail said...

Hi Shell,,, love the bathroom, hubby does well with the paint brush:) You crack me up with the Chunky bunnies pooping! lol Its an adorable picture anyway. I cant wait to see what you working on with all of the awesome stuff. I love, love, love books as well. Happy creating. Cant wait to hear from you twice in one week.
hugs, gail

Mary Wadsworth said...

A picture of bunnies poopin in the potty....Ha ha ha I love it! Funny girl! Can't wait to see the book.

Patricia said...

Well, the good thing about bunnies, especially chunky bunnies, is you can't tell that they're pooping! Sorta' look like they're just sitting there being cute. Love the bathroom color, very similar to my living room woodwork. Green and serene, works for me. Can't wait to see what you do in your book with the baubles.

Pat
PatriciaRose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Susie said...

Hi Shell! You make me chuckle!! Thanks. IGF your blog and the chuckles I can always count on. The color is beautiful. Spa like. And those scrolley things. Wow! Have a wonderful week of creativity.
Pink hugs,
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Lilli Blue said...

LOL I laughed so hard about the pictures of the bunnies taking care of business ! I think that is grand. What a funny lady you are. Lilli

Angel Heart Designs said...

Love your stuff Michelle,love the book idea.. and those babies, I mean Bunnies, are too cute..I have a very funny bunny story to tell you one day~
Cindy... hugs

Anonymous said...

Shell

I love the paint color and the pictures of your babies over the toilet!

Lisa

Cottage Flair said...

I like rainy days too because of the lack of guilt for not doing other things. Your bathroom looks great. It's amazing what a coat of paint can do.
jennifer

Barbara Jean said...

That color is great for thse rooms.
Looking forward to Sunday's and Wednesday's!!
Barbara Jean

Eileen & Karen said...

Hey Shell!

Your Bunny Book is such a fun idea! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Hugs,
Eileen
www.forgetmenotdreams.com

cathy said...

Your bathroom looks lovely! You are quite the decorator.You need to come help me with my house. I dont have a decorator bone in my body.LOL

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Hey Michelle,
Love the way your bathroom came out. And the pics of the bunnies is just too funny. You crack me up everytime I read your posts. Can't wait to see your finished book, and the guest bedroom. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Hi Shell! I cant wait to see what you are working on :) I know I will love it!

I am so glad you like your little sign :) I love my goodies from you so much and wanted to give you a thank you gift :) I have been getting so many compliments on those soaps too!

Hugs,
Amy

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...