Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What's Up Wednesday January 7th



Welcome to What's Up Wednesday! Well here it is. The cover of my textile art Bunny Book. I just adore pink and brown together an thought it would be a good combination for my book. I quilted this fabulous bunny toile fabric in a cross hatch pattern. I used a piece of vintage lace that came off an old pillow case. I sewed vintage buttons on the front and pink glass beads (love those!). Then I added a little velvet ribbon. The B was transferred onto silk with my printer. I used my computer to play around with the colors until they were the muted colors that I love so much. Finally, the clasp is actually my great grandma's pearl clip earring that I thought would be the perfect finishing touch to keep the book closed.
What do you think? I love it and am so happy with my first project of the new year.
Check back with me for Show and Tell Sunday and I'll show you the pages.
bunny kisses,
shell

11 comments:

Cate said...

It's coming along beautifully ! Cant wait to see the finished piece.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, it is gorgeous. Just gorgeous. Maybe you could make this a new line of products. I would buy one for sure.

Mary Wadsworth said...

Your book cover is so beautiful! I can hardly wait to see the inside.

Best wishes,

Mary

Cottage Flair said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Love everything about it.
jennifer

Susie said...

Oh Shell, it is soooooo beautiful and made with so much love! I cannot wait to see what you add inside. I love your work!
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

gail said...

Michelle,,, I love your book cover. The bunny toile is just perfect! The colors are gorgeous and I love the bead accents. Cant wait to see what happens Sunday. :)
Bunny hugs, gail

Patricia said...

Michele, that is just beautiful. What a lovely piece of work this is going to be. I can't wait for Sunay,

Pat

Cara said...

Oh it is GORGEOUS! You are so talented Shelli! Can't wait to see more! : )

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Shell! OMG your book is beautiful. I love pink and brown too! I can't wait to see what's inside. Love it!
-Karoline

Karin said...

I love this! The color combo is perfect...

Unknown said...

Hi Shell!

Your book is beautiful! How original and creative. I also love pink and brown together. It looks so pretty. I have to tell you that I have a ball just looking at your adorable bunnies! Thanks for sharing Shell. I loved it.
Have a bunnyful day! ;-)
xoxo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...