Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dancing in the Rain

There seems to be a lot of storms around me lately. Storms of nature, Storms in the economy and Storms in the heart. Sometimes the lightning just keeps striking and the tears fall like rain.
But, if we can just stop for a minute, quiet our minds and open our eyes wide,
We will see that the blue skies of blessings always return.
That we have shelter and a refuge.
(my home)
We will see that there are always beautiful things to help us remember.
(a beautiful rose bush gift from my bookclub friends in remembrance of Chloe)
That our lives are still bountiful and we will continue to grow and ripen
with spirit and sweetness.
(my raspberry bushes)
That breathing the air can smell like perfume and calm the soul.
(my gardenia bush)
That creating comes from the heart and mends it at the same time.
(a peek of my newest pattern, "Fleur de Bunnies")
And that always and forever,
Love is the greatest of all things.
"Life isn't about waiting for the Storms to Pass, It's about learning to Dance in the Rain."
Wishing you a beautiful dance this week.
Shell
This week IGF friends in person and in blog land that helped me through this storm and held my hand for the dance.
Love you all.

18 comments:

lisa said...

Shell

I loved your post.

blushing rose said...

Beautifully shown & spoken. TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

From my collection...unknown author...“In our lives there is bound to come some pain, surely as there are storms and falling rain; just believe that the one who holds the storms will bring the sun.” Love your prose also...I think of you whenever I see the bunnies out in the yard!
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

Lynette Larson - Campbell said...

Very, very true...you are in my thoughts, Shell...

The French Bear said...

Shell, that is so wonderful, a rose so beautiful!!! Look at that big ole Razzy!!! Makes my heart swell!!! Storms may come but they always leave a rainbow......
Hugs,
Margaret B

gail said...

Hi Shell,, I am still so heart broken about dear Chloe. What a beautiful rose bush your friends gave you. What a lovely post. I hope Razzy is doing great. Take care and keep dancing my friend... luv, gail

Carolee Crafts said...

shell this was beautiful and I hope you are coming through the dark tunnel, never easy. I always think that tears do fade but your memories will always live within you.

Hugs sweet friend x

Deb said...

How sweet! I hope things get easier for you with each passing day.

Hugs,
Debbie
www.shabbycozycottage.com

SoCal Helene said...

Oh, Shell how beautiful, you make me all teary-eyed!!!
Hugs, Helene

Kim said...

That was beautiful Shell. Hope you are doing well.

Mary Wadsworth said...

Hi Shell beautiful pictures:)
I hope you and family are feeling
better.

Sending lots of love and hugs!!!
Mary

Patricia said...

Oh Shell, what a beautiful post. Our poor lil' Razzie needs some bunny kisses too. He must be looking for his best bud too. Hugs to you both,
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blopspot.com

Tedi said...

Kisses & Hugs & All my luv, Tedi
www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

Hef's Mom said...

OOOO Fluer De Bun we have Fluer de Dishes in our kitchen!

Susie said...

Aw Shell, you always have a beautiful post that touches my heart. Sending you big pink hugs,
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Sparklyjools said...

Just beautiful.
Jules x

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Shell! Thank you so much for your kind words about my dog Harley. I'm so sorry to hear you recently lost one of your bunnies. My gosh the chocolate one on this post is gorgeous!!! I've never owned one of those big ones but I'm sure it's just like owning a dog or cat! On a lighter note...I'm so happy you are going to be joining us for the Where Bloggers Create party. It's gong to be a great time! Have a beautiful day.

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Kim Di Maggio said...

Shell, I really am so glad that I came to your blog. It was the perfect post, at the perfect time for my dance in the rain. Thank you, sweetie!

Kim
www.roseblossomcottage.com
www.roseblossomcottage.blogspot.com

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...