Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Two new friends

Hi! Are you having a fun week so far? We are!

Today I'm so happy to introduce you to two new friends! You know how much simply adore handmade things. It's so special for me to collect things that are handmade. I guess it's because I know what goes into making something with my own hands and the joy I get from it. It's another reason I love teaching people to make things.

I would like to introduce you to my new friend, Emma May.


She is handmade by my friend Marlene of  Village Primitives. I found Marlene on Facebook and quickly hopped over to her Etsy shop. A bunny with the same last name as me? How cool is that!!! Had to have her right away!  She will sit in my antique bankers chair in my foyer. A most perfect spot. Looooooooooove her jingle bell buttons!

 Marlene has many other wonderful critters. You might just find a new friend. :)

Next, is this handsome chap. His name is Elijah the Elf. (Named him myself) He is handmade by my very dear friend, Jillayne of A Fine Seam. She holds an annual Christmas open house and sells some incredible handmade pieces. I saw this guy and knew I had to have one! The pattern is from Sparkles' n Spirits. I'm going to keep him out year round as I think he is just so cute! His cane is a piece of driftwood from Marsh Lake in the Yukon. Jillayne say's this is her most favorite place in the world. It's very special for me to have something handcrafted with love from my friend.


What's that Elijah? You want to go on an adventure? Sure, I'll go with you!

I hope the rest of your week is handmade, heartfelt and full of adventure. Harrington and Hannah will see you back here on Friday.

Hugs!
Michelle and the Bunnies


20 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Michelle, cute bunny, I have been trying to remember the name of Sparkles and Spirit, thank you for mentioning it!

Kris said...

I love your new friends!!

Jeanette said...

Love you new friends Shell. Emma May is gorgeous, Hugs,xx.

Christine M said...

I love your two new friends Shell!

tink's mom said...

what wonderful additions to your family,

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH MICHELLE!

When I scrolled down to see, I SEE this darling face that I recognize! But this is a totally different artist, but waaaaaaay back when I lived in Boston, we had discovered a fabulous artist with the last name of SENEBECK. I have two of her small rabbits and their faces are similar to this one! I must take a photo of them to show you!!

Your order will be sent off as soon as the mâché process dries. Thank you so much for your friendship and support of handmade bunnies! AND....you should have seen the BABY bunny I saw yesterday as I was working in my garden. I had not noticed him until I turned around from my boxwoods. He was tucked behind the water fountain, scared as could be, but darling. I hope the cats STAY AWAY!

Have a super day! Anita

Lesley said...

Emma May is adorable...she is so well dressed and has such character! A perfect companion for your bunny family! As for the elf, he is too well done...he looks like he coulld spin a tale or two and grant a magic wish...be careful with him...he looks like he could come alive...giggle!

sunny said...

I'm in love with them both. Elijah looks like he should be yodeling through the Alps.

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! If I had some fun spending money I'd have to snatch up one of her bunnies too! I was just at her Etsy and fell in love!

Crafty Green Poet said...

They're adorable! And thanks for introducing me to Marlene's Etsy shop!

Jillayne said...

Emma May is adorable - I love her clothes! The detail put into creating her is fabulous and she looks perfectly at home on your chair.
And Elijah looks pretty happy in his new home too!

My Life and Quilting said...

Hi Michele and Bunnies... I love the rabbit you made ... She is so sweet... The other one is wonderful as well... Hugs :)

belarmina said...

alaaaaaaaaaaa me gustan
saludos

Createology said...

New friends from gifted creative friends and the world is a better place. How fortunate they found a home with you dear bunny lady...

RG said...

Probably you will need to stay away from Bunnies By The Bay.

Just sayin'

Little Miss Titch said...

Love your new friend Michelle,they are simply lovely,xx Rachel

Linda said...

Emma Is so pretty. Resembles Edward Tulane...Have you read that book yet? The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. It is a story about a much loved China Rabbit. This book is one of my all time favorite stories :)

Jade said...

Love Emma May, she looks like quite the dignified ladybun.

As for Elijah, at first I thought, "Looka that--she's found herself a wee Scotsman!" But then I saw the ears and Scotsmen dinna hae th'ears like that, so elf he must be. :)

(and now I must go hide before the real Scotsmen find me and beat the tar out of me for typing such a bad accent...)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello you precious bunny lovers!!!!!

Thank you Michelle for coming to visit and leave a comment. I know my France post may not interest you much, but I really appreciate your visits and friendship....I look forward to your next post! Hugs to the dynamic duo! Anita

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ohh--I love you two new 'friends'-so loving made--and yes those jingle bells for buttons are soo cute--glad you pointed them out--cause I was too busy looking at her outfit to really see them!!!!
what do Hannah and Harrington think of them????
Love, di and miss gracie

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...