Monday, November 4, 2013

Sneaky Peeky and Fiber

Well hi ya! Did you enjoy your extra hour this weekend? I must confess, I used my hour to take a nap on my back porch. The sun was finally out and it was a gorgeous day. I've been running around like a crazy bunny the past few months, so I decided a nap was well deserved. :)


Here's a little sneaky peeky of a Postal Fusion I'm designing for Valentines. Yes, I know it's only November, but I do have to design them, make them, write the patterns, etc. before I can share them with you. It feels good to be ahead of the game for a change. That being said, my Postal Fusions for Christmas patterns should be ready Wednesday!! I will only have 11 wool and floss kits available, so hop back first thing on Wednesday if you want one. The patterns will be available in paper or PDF.


Recently, I have fallen in love with different fibers. When I was at market, I went in search of some fiber vendors. Can we say Faaaaaaaaaabulous! Oh my gosh did I ever want to curl up and take a nap in a nest of this stuff! hee,hee,hee.


I'm going to be adding these gorgeous bits to some original Folk Art Fusion pieces that I would like to make.


I've had some ideas in my head for the past year and they are wanting to come to life. These pieces won't be part of a book or patterns for sale, they will simply be a body of work which I create for myself. Something to keep my creativity flowing and stretch my imagination.


In addition, every year I create a piece or two that I send to rabbit rescues. The kind hearted folks at the rescues, auction off the pieces to raise money. It makes my heart happy to help them.


Aren't they just gorgeous? Wool, silks, etc. that have all been hand dyed.


They are so soft. Just like a bunny. ;)


Ok, back to work for me. Go create something fun and hop back on Wednesday for my Postal Fusions - 2013 patterns.

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the sneak peek. Looks pretty. Those fibres are all gorgeous. Hugs, xx.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love all your fiber goodness! And so happy to hear you say you are making (playing)something for yourself.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Michelle! I took a nap too, in spite of getting an extra hour! It felt fantastic.

I think your addition of fibers to your folk art is going to be exciting. I love these textures and what they can do to a piece; we used to have the BEST shop in town that sold all sorts of fibers, but I think she went on-line now. But it was always fun to walk in and SEE (and even feel!) the various fibers.

Well my friend, enjoy Monday; I cannot believe it's already November 4. It's going way too fast! Anita

tink's mom said...

Glad to know that that creative mind gets an occasional restoritive nap. Do I really have to wait as long as Wednesday????? Bah Hum Bug....You know how I feel about your Postal goodies. I don't wanna wait. (I am stamping my foot and pouting, the people I work with think I've snapped) I'll be back.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

The fibers are beautiful! Your pictures make them look so real that I can reach in the screen and touch them:) Have a nice week! Twyla

Tammy said...

Hohn what gorgeous fibers.

Shirley said...

Good Morning Sunshine, I will anxiously be awaiting to see what you do with your new fibers. They truly look amazing and I always wonder what you are going to be upto next. We have had sunshine today, but we are starting to cloud up. It's November where has the month gone. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Little Miss Titch said...

its all beautiful Auntie Shell, take lots of rest, you work too hard,xx Speedy and Rachel

Tina said...

Oh my! What beautiful fiber - cant wait to see what you make with them. Also, love, love, love your new header - so pretty!!

Pat said...

I love the colors in the sneak peek. Also love all the batches of yarns, ribbons, etc. Yes, I would want to make something with them also. Have fun creating.

Createology said...

I love your creations and now with the fibers and silk ribbons you have my undivided attention. Stay busy little bunny dear...you have so many wonderful ideas. Thankfully you took a nap...well deserved nap!

RG said...

"Naps? Naps are for poor people. Up and at them!" (The little fairy on your right shoulder)

Sometime consider working birds into your fusion. I like seeing sketches, etc. that sort of capture a bird without being realistic.

Kris said...

Ohhhhh, I can't wait to see the Valentine's post cards!! Well, and the Christmas ones for that matter!! And you can tell Rabbit's Guy that I must be poor as a Church mouse, cuz I LOVE naps!! Gosh, that's why I am still up at this late, late hour!! :-))

Anna said...

I tell ya...I am still adjusting to the time change. your post today made me absolutely drool!!! Now I have to go change my shirt!

Carrie P. said...

what fun ribbons and trim. I can't wait to see how you use them all.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Sweet ones! Good morning! Dearest Michelle, you would love a castle. In France, I frequented many and even had Ruben take a picture of me hanging out of a castle balcony window. BUT those digital cards for the camera were not properly formatted so we lost all those photos! Well that means I simply need to go back. HEY! WE GOT SNOW! So our local bunnies are hunkered down for the winter. Good bye to the bark of my trees! LOVE! Anita

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...