Monday, January 13, 2014

American Sewing Guild Chat - Wilmington NC

Hi ya! How was your weekend?  Did you work on your Fellowship flowers? I've received bunches of emails from friends who are having lots of fun! Woo hoo!!! I can't wait to show you the next one on Wednesday.


If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know how much I loooooooooooove Wilmington, NC. I really, really, really, like really want to move there! It's a super fun, artsy, laid back beach town. I try to visit as much as I can.

Needless to say, when Jean, the VP of the Cape Fear Chapter of the American Sewing Guild, contacted me to speak at their one year birthday party on January 18th, I did the happy bunny dance! I mean go to my most favorite town and chat about Folk Art Fusion! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah! :) :) :)

So, if you are in Wilmington, or the surrounding areas and would love to either join their group or just come for the chat and party at Fran's Sewing Center, hop over for more information, HERE


Teaching and sharing Folk Art Fusion is my passion. I truly love inspiring friends to create, play and have fun. Back in September, I had a Play Date with the Cabin Branch Quilters in Virginia. I taught them to make O'Ryan


from my Fabled Fusions book.


One of my students, Kathy McLaren, took O'Ryan and put a modern twist on him. She made him into a pillow for a friend's baby. Isn't he wonderful? Love the chevron belly! Way to go Kathy!

I would love to visit with your group and have a Play Date and Chat. Click on the tab at the top of my blog for more information.


Until I can move to Wilmington, I will continue to be a house stalker. This is a little house I have my eye on now. Loooooooooooooooove!

See ya back here Wednesday!

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies  


13 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my dear friend, I WISH YOUR DREAMS TO COME TRUE! So far, everything you have dreamed of doing has come to pass with your hard work. Now let's concentrate on getting you out to WILMINGTON! YAHHHHHO! Oh how I love your enthusiasm and gusto for LIVING!

Enjoy, keep creating, and give those employees of yours a bonus banana chip! teehehee

Mosaic Magpie said...

How fun for the sewing group to have you come for a visit. I have heard the way to make dreams come true is to visualize yourself already there.....you have picked the perfect, cute house...and I think I see you sitting on the front porch!
xo,
Deb

Loris said...

Wilmington sounds like a fun dream and what better way to start it than with making some new quilter friends there!
Love the modern O'Ryan twist.
Nice house found in your stalking too :-)

Erica said...

Well done! You will be great I
I know!

Erica said...

Well done! You will be great I
I know!

Lesley said...

I hope you can sleep this week...you are so excited! Love O'Ryan!

Beth in NEPA said...

I hope your dreams can come true. But in the meantime enjoy the planning! and the house stalking!
I have been working on my second flower. It is nearly done. Hope to have it on my blog by Wednesday afternoon. I got slowed down by life over the weekend but trying to get back to it.

Starr White said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only "house stalker" in the world!

Carrie P. said...

I know they will love you just as much as our guild did. Have fun.
Love that house too.

RG said...

I wanna come. Can I ride my bike there? (Carbon footprint concerns and all, you know.)

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

I could live in that little house! Wilmington! My son-in-law's parents live outside of Wilmington and my nephew lives in Carolina Beach! So, I passed through Wilmington a lot of times. Never stayed there, just went on family visits. When I visit the States next time I will have my daughter take me to the center. I'll demand it!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Shell,

How wonderful for the sewing group to have you there with them, lucky!
O'Ryan is the sweetest and love the little house.
Sending hugs and wishing you a lovely week
Carolyn

thepiececorps said...

Well I do live here in Wilmywood...but will be working when you are here... B-(

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...