Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fellowship of the Flowers - Week 3, Rose

Are you having fun with your flowers? I sure am and I look forward to sharing these with you on Wednesdays.


This week is the Rose.


This is the last of the three flowers which will be in the mystery project at the end of the month.


If you are a member in the Fellowship, you will be emailed the instructions for the project on the last Wednesday of the month.


I have had bunches of emails regarding the yarn I used. It is by Lion Brand. It's called a Bon Bon because it's so little and cute!


They are sold in packages that look like this. You can purchase them at Michaels Arts and Crafts, Amazon and I'm sure many other craft stores. I have lots of packages with different colors. Again, they're cute and they make me smile so therefore I hoard them. ;)


I have mixed beads, stitching and yarn together on the first three flowers. I also used the same wool colors and background fabric because they are part of a project. Next week my flower will be something totally different! Stay tuned! :) :) :)

If you are new to my blog or just need a recap of what the Fellowship of the Flowers is, here ya go:

When you join the Fellowship on CRAFTSY for $35, you will download 5 flower patterns, a bonus bee pattern and instructions on layering the pieces. Then,

·       Every Wednesday starting January 1, 2014 until December 17, 2014 you are invited to visit my blog for inspiring ideas on stitching your flowers. You can join the Fellowship anytime throughout the year. All of my finished flowers will be kept on the blog for you to use as inspiration. Just click the tab at the top to view them.  

·       You are invited to share photos of your completed flowers and projects on Pinterest, Flickr and Facebook . Joining a group is voluntary. Click the links on my sidebar to take you to the groups.

·       As a friend in the fellowship, you will receive complete instructions for 12 mystery projects using the flowers. Project instructions will be emailed to you the last Wednesday of the month.  
 
 So pretty much, for $35 (less than 70 cents a week) you get 50 weeks of inspiration, fun groups to join, 5 flower patterns, a bee pattern and instructions emailed directly to you for 12 mystery projects. I think that is pretty darn cool and a bargain to boot!
 


I have Wool Felt Kits, which include 50 precut, 6" hexagons. There is enough wool in the kit to make all 50 flowers this year.


I also have my Valdani size 12, Folk Art Fusion, pearl cotton collection available. There is also needles, fusible web, pressing sheets and lots of other supplies available in my SHOP.


Unlike other BOMs, there is no pressure to keep up every week or even make all the flowers and all the projects. This is a NO STRESS ZONE. :) :) :) The Fellowship is all about having fun, sharing with others and being inspired to unleash your inner artist. Please pass the word to your friends, family and guild members. This is going to be a wonderful year together!

Sooooooooooooooooo, what will you do with your flower this week?

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

8 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Michelle
I am a bit behind the times due to the reno's here BUT I have started the Tulip tonight (it's cut out)I must tell you I was delighted with the felt kit and threads I ordered, I never imagined it would be a such a big package, I was quite excited :O)
Lovely Rose this week.

Fiona said...

they look really cute... I was tempted to join but I have so many things already.... including projects from your books!!! haha...the stitchers dilemma...

Hugz

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

teee heeee...my "imaginary" bunnies would answer your last question as such:

"EAT IT!" They love flowers, especially pretty blue ones!

WOW MICHELLE! Not only is are your stitching and your designs magnificent, your photography of the detail is PROFESSIONAL LOOKING! HOw fun....I really wish I could join in, but I barely have time to keep up!

Thank you my friend, for coming by to visit....YOU are beautiful! Anita

Anonymous said...

I love how you photographed so I can see it up close and personal! Love yours! I know, I know...got to get mine going! I will promise! I'm adding that cute yarn to my list...next to beads! Yes, I've got a list so next time I can go shop for fun I remember!

Beth in NEPA said...

I worked hard last night to finish off my last two flowers. Still a couple of small details. But hope to finish up today so I can start the next one. I am loving this!

Createology said...

Loving your flowers. Mine are not "blooming" as of yet. A few minor set-backs on my part. I shall need to tend my garden very soon. Stitching Bliss Dear...

Chris said...

Hi Michelle What are the colors of pearl cotton that you used this week? Sometimes it is hard to tell by the picture. Hoppy Friday!

Deb said...

Lovely Bon-Bons, I'll have to look for those lovely little skeins! My flowers are still seeds in the ground but will be blooming soon as I received my lovely big package from you with all the lovely felt, floss and fabric! So much fun to open up Shell, thanks so much! Deb

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...