Friday, January 24, 2014

Hoppy Friday - Kindness and Gifts of Just Because

Hi ya! It's Friday again - hop, hop, hop. That's how my days, weeks and this month is going by. Fast as a bunny!


So as you know if you've been around my blog for a while, Friday is a day about happiness, being grateful and focusing on good things and good people.



Well, the card above and this adorable little bunny ornament came to me from my dear friend in New Zealand, Carolyn Green. Now this little bunny was mailed out in early December and was suppose to be to me for Christmas. Well, I think he had a little adventure because he only showed up the other week. I love him Carolyn! Thank you!


It got me thinking though about the whole Christmas mailing rush and the rush of it all in general. So many friends I mailed Postal Fusions cards to never received them.

 
They always get them when I send them at other times during the year. Do I really need to wait for birthdays or Christmas to send someone a gift or do something special for them? 


This is my nephew, Mickey. His mom, my fun friend Jade, made calendars for all of us in his fan club. I love it and it hangs in Bunnyville.


In addition, Jade made donations to all these rabbit rescues. Her love and kindness to do this made me smile so big!


I mean how can anyone not melt over fuzzy, squishy faces like this! (Auntie loves you boy)


Then there are these snack bars. I love them because I can read all the ingredients, they taste yummy and they are good for me. So much food nowadays is nothing but a can or package of chemicals. Nasty!


I normally buy them individually, but just found them in a box. This is what is on the back of the box. Not only are the snack bars kind, but the company believes in spreading kindness. How cool is that! I like that term "Kindaholic."

So I decided that starting this year, right now,  I'm not going to wait for Christmas or special occasions. I'm going to spend time with friends having a coffee, send cards for no reason and send gifts of "Just Because."

Every day is special and you never know if it's your last. Plus, you never know who may need something to smile and be happy about right now. This song Kind of sums it up. ;)



Have a fun weekend and we'll see you back here on Monday.
xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

16 comments:

Sparklyjools said...

Yes! Absolutely. Taken me years to work that out, you are so, so right!:) And the Nickleback song, which I love - ooh, spookily that is another connection for me. It was another of their tracks that originally set me on my path!(Will tell you about it sometime!)

Have a really special Friday and weekend my friend.xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

How I love to come here. How I love to see your handiwork, your humor, THE RABBITS! Now tell me, where else could a rabbit lover go to get all this wrapped up in one KIND package such as RASPBERRY RABBITS?

That rabbit is DYNAMITE and is the top-notch disapproving rabbit of all time! tehehehehehheheeh - don't you just want to squish them?

Much love to you dear friend...enjoy the WEEKEND!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a squishie, loveable face! Oh, sweetie, you are so kind - it doesn;t take a snack bar to tell me that.

Little Miss Titch said...

Ah Mr Mick,he's just full of floofy squishable cuddleness.and if a gift that's meant for christmas turns up late well it just give's a little bit of the christmas magic in to the new year which always give's me the happy,you are one lucky lady to get these extra bits of magic,xx Rachel

Lana said...

Isn't it fun that Christmas can last all year long...with kindness. You are a part of the world's kindness...I love visiting it here.

jennifer768 said...

Beautiful post,so glad that I found your blog.I love your card and bunny gift.Such a wonderful calendar,I would love to smooch on that squishy face! Nothing beats bunny love.I will have to try find the snack bars,they look yummy.Have a blessed weekend.Hugs,Jen

Loris said...

So true!
And I just have to add Mr. Mick is beautiful! Please add my name to his Fan Club! I would wear the t-shirt :-) Adorable!

jsews said...

Great post and so true - I think of you as a "kindaholic" and that's a good thing. Have a great weekend.

Heather said...

What a lovely post. I just want to cuddle with that squishy bunny face. You are truly and kind and delightful person! I have tried those Kind bars too, they are great.

Createology said...

You and Bunnyville are KIND and lovable and generous. Your thinking of doing Kind things just because is what I have been doing for the last several years and I am loving it. I think it is much more special to surprise someone when it is not a holiday or birthday. Just Because! Happy Hoppy Kind Friday Dear...

Jade said...

Mr. Mick is always happy to add more fans to his fan club--or as he puts it, "more worshippers in the kingdom". As always, he sends nose bonks and bunny kisses to his beloved Auntie Shell and everyone and everybun in Bunnyville. <3

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love, love this attitude! blessings, marlene

JudyCinNC said...

Sweet Little Shell - you so brighten my day with just yourself. Kindness is your middle name and you spread love and joy everyday. Keep on, keeping on my sweet friend. Love that little bunny face.

I find that I have more time to be "meaningful" if I wait until the week between Christmas and New Year's to send cards and presents. My little secret to less stress. Judy C in NC

Kris said...

Oh, Shell - you be da best!! What a great post and as for the song - spot on!! I lovvvvvvve the bunny card and Mick's sweet little face!! Enjoy this glorious weekend, dear friend!! :-))

Mayleen said...

I love your idea of not waiting for Christmas or special occasions to do kind things for people! Sometimes a word of encouragement in those dry desert days makes a world of difference.

My goodness, Mickey is so cute and the bunny ornament, sweet!

Sue Niven said...

love the bunnies! I do Just because gifts too!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...