Friday, January 17, 2014

Hoppy Friday! - My friend and talented artist Jeri Landers

Helloooooooooooooo and Hoppy Friday!

Did you have a fun week? Are you staying warm? Of course if you are one of my Aussie girlfriends then you are nice and toasty. :)  I'm ready for Spring!

Today I wanted to share a fun purchase I made. Every year I treat myself to a gift. Well sometimes several gifts, but hey, it makes me happy. For the past couple of years I have been purchasing something from my incredibly talented friend, Jeri Landers.


This year my gift to myself was her new book!



Jeri writes and illustrates the entire book. It takes her years of work. The finished piece is outstanding. The pages burst to life with color and tiny details.


The story? Well you will just have to purchase one to find out.


I know there are some wee one's in your life who would be delighted with the tales of Mamsey Bear and Mopkin, or perhaps like me, you are just a kid at heart and want one for yourself. ;)


I purchased this book as a gift to myself a few years ago and I actually met Jeri in person to have her sign it. It was so awesome! I almost passed out I was so excited!


My home is filled with many of her pieces like this paper garden in a bell jar. I simply adore paper cut art and this was impossible to resist.


Of course there are bunnies in it!


Jeri also has prints of her work. I knew the perfect spot for this when I saw it.


This print and the bell jar are on my bookcase in my living room. The books are in the black basket at the bottom of the right bookcase.


Of course then I had to have an original papercutting. I mean bunnies, tea and quilts? Who could pass that up?


It sits on the sofa table.


At the bottom of the stairs from Bunnyville, hangs another print called "The Boogie Woogie Bunny Band."


Then finally is this wonderful print.


I love what it says.


It is framed and hangs in the "Friends Entrance" to my home, which is the side door. ;)


Jeri is one of the most delightful people you will ever meet.


Her art, her home, and


her animals are a true reflection of the joy she carries in her heart.


I'm so very grateful to have found Jeri through blogging and truly blessed to call her my friend.


Now hop on over to Hopalong Hollow and pay her a visit. Perhaps find a gift for yourself and while you're at it, tell her the bunnies and I said hi!

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

15 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh, let me tell you......

Jeri Landers is awesome, isn't she? I had the lovely moment once to talk to her, and she is A DELIGHT! The detail on her work blows my mind, and THAT SILHOUETTE WITH THE BUNNIES! OH MY!!!!! Bunnies, tea and quilts...how much better can you get?

I have got to show you something I just purchased...I'll send you a picture this week.

I must get Jeri's latest book; I have her other two and to witness the detail - takes your breath away doesn't it my friend?

EVERYTHING LOOKS FANTASTIC IN BUNNYVILLE COTTAGE!

Jeanette said...

All so very beautiful. Such a very talented lady. Hugs, xx.

Sparklyjools said...

Oh wow! Fabulous. Love it, what fabulous detail. Hopping over now!x

KaHolly said...

Delightful post about a very talented lady. Will go check her out. Your house is beautiful!

Mosaic Magpie said...

What a talent she is! Love the photo of her hold the goose/duck. The illustrations are so detailed and beautiful. Off to visit her!
xo,
Deb

Shelley said...

I just want to crawl into the book and live there lol because it looks so inviting. The artwork is amazing! I love teaparties :)

jerilanders said...

Ah shucks Shell... Bless your heart! I am blushing to have so many nice things said and truly flattered. I'm so glad to see my works in your lovely home because I always know they live with a fellow artist who appreciates them. You have the perfect spots for the prints. Thank you so much for this post!

Christine M said...

Oh, so many gorgeous things, Shell. The illustrations in Jeri's book are just beautiful. What a talented person.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful talented artist!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I love Jeri! I pre-ordered that book and got it just a day or two before Christmas. It is for my 4 year old Grand daughter. I have a confession to make. I still have it.

There was no way I could give it to her before I drool over it and read and re read every page. Besides the grand has a birthday or Easter coming up.

I have 2 of Jeri's pictures frame. One I was lucky enough to win. the other I treated myself too!

I also have a quilt made from some of the fabric she had years ago, before I even knew who she was.

Did I mention I too like Jeri's things?!?!?

Createology said...

Your home is lovely and Jeri's art is perfect for you and the bunnies. I am off to visit her blog and shop. Happy Hoppy Friday Dear...

RG said...

Where do you people get all that energy and vision? Whew ... Myself I like to have a hot coffee on the downstairs couch with an old plush red throw on my lap and KB sitting on it digging his claws in!

Fiona said...

such lovely work... I just love all that detail...
Hugz

Judy1522 said...

Jeri's work is so amazing. I have a small collection of children's books that I love and I am going to have to add at least one if not all of Jeri's to my collection.

Love Bears All Things said...

I follow Jeri's blog and always enjoyed visiting there. Her drawings are a delight.
I love your decorating style. So clean and filled with light.
Mama Bear

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...