Friday, January 10, 2014

Hoppy Friday - My Friend Jules

Hellooooooooooooooo and Hoppy Friday! Have you had a fun week? It's been cold here, but fabulous. So many wonderful things to be grateful for like NO snow! I love to look at snow, but I don't know how to drive in it. I know I would crash the Bunnymobile for sure! Sending lots of warm hugs to our friends who are frost bitten by the Polar Vortex! Ok...that saying makes me laugh. Polar Vortex. Who comes up with this stuff?


Today I want to share one of my most treasured friends with you. Her name is Jules and she lives in England. We have never met in person yet I feel as if she lives right next door. Have you ever met someone like that?


Jules and I found each other through blogging and I really don't even remember how that happened. All I know is that one day I want to meet her in person, share some tea, laugh till we snort and hug till we cry. She is such an incredibly gifted person and I am blessed beyond measure to have such a wonderful friend.


Jules has created many many treasures for me over the years. She can paint, stitch, write, make dolls and do so much more. While she is tremendously talented in all of those things, she recently felt her heart tugging at something in particular. In her own words...

"I love the simple approach, where characters aren’t spotless and pristine, but have grown and developed over time. Some simple button jointed animals were designed to start the process, (Ruby Rags and Clothilde) and then I knew I wanted to create more detailed animals who demonstrate positive human characteristics on a purer level. Something the owner can love and cherish, but not just as a ‘pretty thing’. Each creation will have a story, and a message that their owner is reminded of every day, to help, comfort, inspire etc….. I was also inspired by the folk art angel I bought in the 90’s, which ‘reminds’ me every day.

I plan to concentrate on making one character at a time, and like my dolls, each one will be unique, that’s really important. The creative processes will be back to basics as much as possible. All the ‘accessories’ will be handmade by me. I’ll be recycling and repurposing fabrics and items as much as I can, and there will be no ‘plastic’ craft products or polymer clays. Any products used have to be ‘environment friendly’! Also, I’ll mainly use my old Singer hand sewing machine. I’m as green as I can be."


Jules made this Hopestill especially for me. Here is her story which was enclosed in the package.


Thank you dear friend. You and Hopestill are with me always. Always...


Jules can create something just for you too! Hop over and visit her HERE. 

Light, love and hugs to you. Hoppy Friday!

Michelle and the Bunnies

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your topic quite interesting to read
I hope to receive your posts via email upadate
What is the address of your feed, I want to subscribe via email?
Your writing can be an inspiration to me, once again thank you
obat kuat alat bantu sex obat perangsang

Deb said...

Oh my, Hopestill is a work of heart! What a wonderful gift Shell and I love the path that Jules is now on as she creates her beautiful works of art. Friendships like yours are very special and rare, cherish it and each other. Hoppy Friday to you and the bunnies, Deb

Jeanette said...

Hopestill is beautiful. A wonderful gift. Hugs, xx.

Sparklyjools said...

Thank you so much for such a beautiful post dear Shell, I feel very honoured to be its topic! Hopestill looks so happy to be with you at last.
I know she's in her rightful place helping to add to all of the love, kindness and generosity in Bunnyville! xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my....those little antique keys....she reminds me of Mrs. Hughes from Downton Abby, with all her keys at her waist! teehehehehee

This rabbit is most darling, with her little purchase of straw! Oh Michelle, is this not a great place, BLOGLAND, where we can write to each other any time of the day or night and connect as such?

MUCH LOVE TO YOU and thank you for your friendship! Anita

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How precious and special.

Lana said...

Beautiful! Hoppy Friday to you too!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Oh my - how simply beautiful! blessings, marlene

Sue said...

Lovely Bunny, I'm sure she'll be very happy with Harrington and Hanna. Happy Weekend Michelle!

Createology said...

What a very special gift Jules has created for you. Hopestill and her message are precious. This is such a treasure...

Starr White said...

What a beautiful, wonderful gift! and I think Hopestill reflects the beautiful heart and spirit of both the sender and the receiver. I know you will cherish her always.

Melody said...

She is beautiful and I love her story

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Hopestill is so sweet. I love all the details and her story!

~willa~

Anonymous said...

Oh Shell, how special and sweet!!! I love your little bunny and am of course popping over to Jules' website for a peak...
Hugs to you and the Bunnies!
P.S. I moved blog homes and hope you will follow me over there... http://elisabetpollockstudio.wordpress.com (if I already told you this forgive my forgetfulness please)!

Auntie Jane (It is official!) said...

I love your site.

Jenny Bonynge said...

A question...do you whip stitch down the wool pieces before embellishing?

Little Miss Titch said...

Aww that Bunny is just so very beautiful and cute,xx Rachel

Sherry said...

What a wonderful little bunny and I love the thought behind it.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...