Friday, April 4, 2014

Hoppy Friday!

Oh my...what can I say. This has been a strange week for me. Such a mix of emotions and goings on.

It's funny how, when I want to disappear for a while into another world, I stumble upon an artist who's photography makes me feel like I could do just that.


These incredible images are from artist Randy Scott Slavin. 


I found myself being drawn into each image, lingering there for a while, soaking in every bit of it's magic.
 

The feeling of falling down the rabbit hole and then peering out trying to decide if I wanted climb back out or just sit and rest for a while in the peace and quiet.


The colors, textures and movement of each photograph is amazing. I'm on a tiny boat in this one. The waves are getting ready to suck me away and yet, I keep my eye focused on the light ahead.


In this one I fell calm, safe and almost like I am in a dream.  I couldn't help but think of all the people lost in the mudslide in Washington.

Calm water, blue sky, breeze blowing these trees. Truly amazing work. Hop over to see Randy. I know you will enjoy your visit as much as I did.

Then, as you many know, I'm a huge fan of Lindsey Stirling. This is her new song. I felt like it was a perfect partner for Randy's photography. I learned that Lindsey will be touring the States this year. I just purchased tickets to a show. I haven't been to a concert in sooooooooooo many years. I am doing the happy bunny dance that I can go see this talented young lady in person and get lost in her music.

b

Finally, I am sending light, love and hugs to my dear friends RG and BL. They have lost many of their bunnies recently. This week, they lost my precious little Zoey bunny. My heart is still so very sad. I'm forever grateful I got to know my (She's so FLUFFY I'm gonna die!!!) girl through my friends in blog land.


Binky free my darling Zoey.


I know Chico was waiting for you over the bridge. Auntie Shell loves you always.

Hoppy Friday.

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

12 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Beautiful images but sad post x

Sparklyjools said...

I'm so sad for your friends loss of their little sweetie.
Wow! Those photos - love them, so unusual and imaginative. And you're going to see Lyndsey! Who hoo! She'll have everyone dancing in the aisles!x

Anonymous said...

The music transports my mind creating emotion. Wow! Sorry friend, I know your heart aches.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh I am sooooo moved at this moment. You know what you've done? You have created an "ekphrastic" response to art. I am in the process of trying to write an ekphrastic poem which is based on a piece of art. You took these glorious photos and music and responded. I am not an art critic, but all I can say is that art moves us. Maybe some things don't and they are not meant to move but to cause us to stand still.....whatever the purpose, art makes us think.

I am in tears to see that this little miss has passed. Oh Michelle, they are so vulnerable, and in that state of being, we love them so, they love us, and this is what we are all made of: flesh and blood.

Be well and rest dear friend. Love you so, Anita

Mosaic Magpie said...

The photos are so interesting and do seem to draw you in. Sad about the fluffy bunny...what a cutie.

Unknown said...

So sad for you and for all that loved Zoey.

Jenny Bonynge said...

Letting go is so difficult...Absolutely loved the music AND video...fantasy is captivating...

Little Miss Titch said...

Oh Michelle,this is so sad about sweet little Zoey,Poor RG and BL,hugs xx Rachel and SPeed

almtsbb said...

So very sad about Zoey. Losing 2 bunnies in such a short time has to be devastating. Prayers for RG and BL.

RG said...

Oh my so nice. Thanks so much.

We are managing ...

Unknown said...

In this world of anger and sadness, your post of the glorious pictures, beautiful music and amazing video is truly welcome. I had not heard of this very talented young lady.

Sorry to hear of your sadness. God loans us our animals for a short time but I know they wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Amazing photos!

I was so sad to hear of Zoey's passing too, I didn't think she'd last long after Chico had gone

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...