Monday, September 1, 2014

Guild meeting show and tell and summer retreat!

Hi ya and Happy Labor Day here in the US!

Today I would like to share some show and tell from my monthly guild meeting and some photos from our summer retreat.

Peggy showed her "Echo of Thunder" quilt. This was on her PHD (Projects Half Done) list. This was an oldie but a goodie. I remembered my block. It's the second one from the right in the second row from the top. My points look pretty good there. Not anymore though! More on that later in this post.



Peggy also shared the quilt from another guild block swap. Fun!


She had one block left over, so she added it to the back as a label. Love it!


Lori showed her "Spot of Peppermint Tea" from my Folk Art Fusion class. Yippee!


Gerri showed hers too! I love the border fabric! She said she only made one cup because she loves tee and it was all for her! Too funny!



Gerri also shared the block swap quilt she made.


Then she showed this summer quilt (no batting). I remember so many of those Robyn Pandolph fabrics. Oh how I loved those!


Julie, one of my students from waaaaaaay back, showed her needle turn applique piece. Great job Julie!


Jackie shared this bright, fun quilt.


Charlene brought her step mom (forgot to get a photo) and some of her quilts. This was a cute little stencil quilt.


Then she shared this top. Love the purple and green.


SUMMER RETREAT!

So moving onto the summer retreat. Here I am with my sexy bikini on. We had so much fun modeling this shirt. I told the girls this is the closest I will ever get to having big boobs.


You can see Barbara got tickled.


I do believe Lori looked the best. Sexy lady! Woo! Woo! Woo!


The we got to dig in a sand bucket for a prize. Holly thought she might eat some first. ;)


Holly was a good sport letting me take a photo of her butt. hee,hee,hee.


She worked on this gorgeous quilt. I can't wait to see it finished! Oh and see that wrist pincushion? We all got one! I forgot to take a photo of mine before I did this post.


My fun friend, Jennifer, brought her ears from my class. She is a sunny bunny for sure!


Here she is showing off her Friendship Stars, which could also be used as a bikini top. ;)


Gerri was adding borders to her Christmas quilt. She won the blocks from our Christmas party. Gerri is adopting one of my kittens! Yippeeeee! Shamus de Barrington is her boy.


Kathie, Kathie, Kathie. I love her! She is one of the funniest people I have ever met. She always brings a smile to my face and is a blast to hang out with.

Betty is a sweetheart! She was working on some piecing here.


Jackie was working on some Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks. The quilt will have the flowers and lots of yellow fabric. It's going to be gooooooooooorgeous!

So here is my dear friend, Peggy Geier. Her initials may be PG, but they don't stand for her name. Oh no! They stand for POINT GODDESS!!!!!  Can I just say that I have point envy! I haven't really pieced triangles in years and now I know why! I made those 80 darn half square triangles for the Friendship Star block swap and about had a melt down over my points not matching up. The whole time I kept saying, "The point police are going to arrest me! I can't believe Peggy made her grandie daughter that entire quilt with these things! She is a Goddess! A Goddess I tell ya!" :)

 I think I am going to start a "PG" fan club. 

Yes, I need an entire bowl dump truck of Blue MM's!!! Oh the stress of it all! hee,hee,hee.


I don't even know what these girls were doing, but I do know they were having lots of fun and there was lots of laughter from this rowdy bunch. :)

Sandi was working on my O'Ryan the Star Gazer from my Fabled Fusions book. She enjoys the hand stitching and was doing a great job.

 My buddy, Renee, was making a crazy quilt. The center of every block is going to be black. I think it will be so pretty. I can't wait to see it completed!

Deanna was working on a cute Christmas quilt. She has her wrist pincushion on too.

 Barbara is measuring twice so she only has to cut once. ;)

Sandy brought her Friendship Stars from our recent swap. Each of us made twenty stars and we were collecting everyone's autographs on their star. I'll have more on that in another post.

Charlene getting a little pressing done.

Vicki, our President, is working on a fish quilt. Oh my gosh did it have a ton of pieces! Don't you love her feather weight machine? She stripped all the paint off of it down to the bare metal and refinished it. I can't even imagine how much work that was. What a gorgeous machine. Vicki rocks!

Pam was working on a gorgeous garden applique. I can't wait to see it!

Thank you Lori, Barbara and Jackie for hosting such a fun retreat! A good time was had by all!

See ya Wednesday,
Michelle and the fuzzy crew






18 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Thank you for sharing all the lovely pieces - absolutely LOVE the first quilt! And where is your project? Too many blue M&Ms?

Lesley said...

Wonderful show and tell! Happy quilters from start to finish. Love that beach cover up! The first quilt is my favorite too!

Anonymous said...

Tea for one is a fun idea. Cute, cute! PG also stands for the tea brand PG Tips!. First quilt is very much to my style and liking. It was fun to meet your peeps through photos and to the gal taken a kitty...she's the best!

Anonymous said...

Btw...if you are sending me email I haven't been getting. Weird.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD....that shirt, my goodness I'd like to have one because that's the only time I too would have some meat on my chest! teeheheeeee

You make the best fun, Shell. WHAT FUN! Happy Labor Day!

paulette said...

You girls have WAY too much fun!! Thanks for sharing!!
P

Little Miss Titch said...

I bet you girls just have one big laugh,xx Rachel

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my goodness--what a delightful group--still think I should move to where you live--I would love that group and I would stay motivated too!! thanks for sharing--
hugs, di and miss gracie

Createology said...

This group of ladies looks like they are having sew much fun and enjoying sharing their passion for fabrics and creating. Blissful Blessings...

RG said...

Harness that energy for something useful - like making ice cream. The world needs more ice cream.

Loris said...

What sweet women and beautiful quilts! I'm so happy one of them gets a kitten. I can imagine the purring from both of them now :-)

Thoeria said...

Oh what a load of fun that looks like!

almtsbb said...

I need the dump truck of blue ones too. A few years ago I did a block a month Lemoyne Star. Talk about frustration on point matching.
It looks like so much fun when your group gets together.

Pat said...

Yes, I do read blogs. So many good ideas!

Fran Musetti said...

Hoping I could win your unique combo of Valdani Threads becasue I find you blog to be an uplifting combo of pets, patterns, play-time, people, plants, and neat ideas about life itself. It's refreshing and delightful. I even share your quilts you post with a good friend of mine and she is happy to see your blog too. Thanks for all you give and share - Fran Musetti

Fran Musetti said...

Hoping I could win your unique combo of Valdani Threads becasue I find you blog to be an uplifting combo of pets, patterns, play-time, people, plants, and neat ideas about life itself. It's refreshing and delightful. I even share your quilts you post with a good friend of mine and she is happy to see your blog too. Thanks for all you give and share - Fran Musetti

lfrihart said...

Have found blogs the easiest way to keep up with my hobby or hobbies. Mostly working with wool and more wool. Love your blog and your offer of beautiful wool and thread to celebrate your 7th. Will be following you because I'll never have enough wool.

allycat said...

I love your thread. I am just starting out with wool and I love it. I have always been a quilter and cross stitcher but I love working with wool however I have very little supplies. I would love to win the thread. Thanks. I will be following your blog from now on. alena

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...